Re: [Exim] hints database problem

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Phil Chambers
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] hints database problem
On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Phil Chambers wrote:

> I am using callout in a RCPT ACL for recipients on some local
> machines. I found that I was getting frozen non-delivery messages for
> one particular user on one of those machines because messages where
> not being rejected by the callout but were being rejected for the
> actual attempt to send. I have eventually worked out that the callout
> is not happening because the hints database says the address is OK!

I presume we are talking 4.12 here, where caching of callouts is
implemented.

> How long will the data in the hints database remain valid? Section
> 42.6

The manual has not been updated since 4.10. The information about
callout caching is in the doc/NewStuff file. There are options for
specifying how long the cache data can be kept.

> Is it possible that when an outgoing RCPT fails the hints record is removed?

That is an interesting point. Thanks for the idea.