Re: [Exim] TLS on a port other than 25

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mark Edwards
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] TLS on a port other than 25
On Friday, February 14, 2003, at 06:56 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> At 05:58 PM 2/14/2003 -0800, Mark Edwards wrote:
>> I have just enabled TLS in Exim on a machine that listens on port 26
>> in
>> addition to port 25 (for the purposes of getting around routing issues
>> with a dialup ISP). TLS works great on port 25, but an SSL connection
>> on port 26 is unsuccessful and nothing is logged.
>
> May I suggest the MSA port 587 for this purpose? There's an RFC and
> all, and 587 is a "well known port" for submission of mail.
>
>         srs

Thanks for the suggestion. The reason I'm using 26 is because it is
non-standard, and the ISP seems to want to reject port 25 for anything
other than their server occasionally.

Anyway, I tried 587 and still no dice. The attempt doesn't even get
through to exim. What would be in the way during an SSL transaction?
Some request isn't making it through, obviously. The port is
definitely unblocked at the firewall, because non-SSL traffic gets
through fine.

--
Mark Edwards
San Francisco, CA