Re: [Exim] Another Mailman question: Child process returned …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
A: Dariusz Sznajder
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Another Mailman question: Child process returned 2
On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Dariusz Sznajder wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Todd Jagger wrote:
> > 2003-02-13 23:50:28 18jT7c-0007J5-00 ** test-list@???
> > R=mailman_router T=mailman_transport: Child process of mailman_transport
> > transport returned 2 from command: /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman
>
> Probably wrong group.
> Run
>     $mailman_home/mail/wraper post
> by hand and see what mailman think about correct group.

> [darek@speed darek]$ /var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post
> Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 65534, GOT gid 501.
>     (Reconfigure to take 501?)

> And set correct (in my case 65534) gid in Exim config.

I would try to avoid gid 65534 (==-2) for exim.
It probably doesn't matter as much as uid 65534, but many people
use it for "nogroup" and use it for random untrusted things.
Thus if random untrusted thing gets brokem it has acess to more of your
mail stuff.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna