[Exim] RE: EXIM 4 LDAP SMTP Authentication...

Author: Thai Q. Tran
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] RE: EXIM 4 LDAP SMTP Authentication...
Hello everyone,
      It has been quite some time now since I have posted a message in
the list.  Well I currently am having problems implementing LDAP SMTP
Authentication.  My current users are able to login fine with out any
issues.  I am hosting multiple virtual domains with LDAP and Exim.
Hopefully I can get my users for example myself to be able to send an
email using username@??? (ie t_tran99@???).

      Please any information or help would be greatly appreciated.  I
have been trying for days to get SMTP authentication to work with LDAP
with no success.  I haven't found much information or example for
version 4 of EXIM.  I an example and played with it but still with no
success.

Thank you in advance,
Thai Q. Tran
Email: t_tran99@???

Config file:

acl_smtp_rcpt = check_recipient
acl_smtp_data = check_message
acl_smtp_vrfy = check_vrfy

domainlist local_domains = ${lookup ldap
{ldap:///mailSetting=local_domains,o=mye-znet?mailSettingValue?sub?}}}
domainlist relay_domains = ${lookup ldap
{ldap:///mailSetting=domain_relays,o=mye-znet?mailSettingValue?sub?}}}
hostlist relay_hosts = ${lookup ldap
{ldap:///mailSetting=accept_relays,o=mye-znet?mailSettingValue?sub?}}}
rfc1413_hosts = !*
rfc1413_query_timeout = 0s
auto_thaw = 1h
split_spool_directory
remote_max_parallel = 5
smtp_accept_max = 40
return_size_limit = 10K
qualify_domain = mye-znet.com
never_users = root
host_lookup = *
trusted_users = mail
gecos_pattern = ^([^,:]*)
gecos_name = $1
smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 100
freeze_tell = postmaster

begin acl

check_recipient:
  # Exim 3 had no checking on -bs messages, so for compatibility
  # we accept if the source is local SMTP (i.e. not over TCP/IP).
  # We do this by testing for an empty sending host field.
  accept  hosts = :
  deny    local_parts   = ^.*[@%!/|] : ^\\.
  require verify = recipient
  require verify = sender
  deny    condition = ${lookup ldap
{ldap:///mailSetting=deny_senders,o=mye-znet?mailSettingValue?sub?(mailS
ettingValue=${quote_ldap
:$sender_address})}{1}{0}}
  accept  domains = +local_domains : +relay_domains
  accept  hosts = +relay_hosts
  deny    message = relay not permitted

check_message:
accept

check_vrfy:
accept

begin routers

lookuphost:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = remote_smtp

literal:
driver = ipliteral
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = remote_smtp
no_more

ldap_user:
driver = redirect
allow_defer
allow_fail
data = ${lookup ldap
{ldap:///dc=${domain},o=mye-znet?mailMessageStore?sub?(uid=${local_part}
)}}
directory_transport = address_directory_ldap
file_transport = address_file_ldap
retry_use_local_part

#localuser:
# driver = accept
# check_local_user
# transport = local_delivery

begin transports

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
envelope_to_add
file = /home/mailspool/${domain}/${local_part}
group = mail
mode = 0660
no_mode_fail_narrower

address_pipe:
driver = pipe
return_output

address_file:
driver = appendfile

address_directory:
driver = appendfile
check_string =
message_prefix = ""
message_suffix = ""

address_reply:
driver = autoreply

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

address_directory_ldap:
driver = appendfile
create_directory
directory_mode = 0770
maildir_format
mode = 0660
quota = ${lookup ldap
{ldap:///dc=${domain},o=mye-znet?mailQuota?sub?(&(uid=${local_part}))}}

address_file_ldap:
driver = appendfile
use_lockfile

begin authenticators