[Exim] "retry time exceeded" error

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Moacir
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] "retry time exceeded" error
Hi all. I have exim 3.36 running on a debian machine behind a firewall.
This is all on a DSL network.

Exim generally works fine, but often messages get lost in a sort of pit
of "defer (-44): retry time not reached for any host" errors. I've read
the FAQ, and searched on this error, but haven't found much.

Specifically, I get problems sending to uchicago.edu (that's where I
tend to send most mail). For example, I have a mailing list (using
mailman) that has *yet* to successfully deliver to a single uchicago.edu
address. I get the above error, every time. And then I have other
mailing lists that *do* deliver into the uchicago.edu domain (maybe not
via midway.uchicago.edu, however)

At the same time, however, if I just email "moacir@???" (using
mutt or just using the 'echo "hi" | mail moacir@???' command),
it does go through, usually, although a perl script I wrote which used
the mail() function did not.

So if anyone can help me figure this one out, I'd be pretty
appreciative--or at least tell me at what sorts of settings, etc., I
should be looking.

Here are a few things I don't fully understand:

nida:/var/log# mailq | grep moacir
          moacir@???
          moacir@???
          moacir@???
          moacir@???
          moacir@???
          moacir@???

So I have 6 messages right now awaiting delivery.

nida:/var/log# exinext moacir@??? | more

Deliver: midway.uchicago.edu [128.135.12.12:18iNl3-0005gG-00] error 110:
Connect
ion timed out
first failed: 10-Feb-2003 18:04:42
last tried: 13-Feb-2003 15:33:02
next try at: 13-Feb-2003 23:33:02
[etc.]

However,

nida:/var/log# exinext moacir@??? | grep Deliver | wc -l
     16

So it seems like there are 16 messages giving me trouble?

tia,

--m