Re: [Exim] A question about headers

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John (TJ) Penton
Para: Jerry M. Howell II
CC: Exim Mailing List
Assunto: Re: [Exim] A question about headers
On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Jerry M. Howell II wrote:

>    Got a question concerning headers for exim 3.X . Is there a page on
>    the exim website that lists all the headers you can use? I'm starting
>    to get the hang of exim but still in the dark about the headers.
>    Looked through the index in the exim book by O'Riely but only found
>    bit's and peces hear and there. The header I'm most concerned about
>    is this one, taken right out of my exim.conf file

The quick answer to your question is that you can insert any header into
an email with exim. You can make them up, off the top of you head
(illustrated).

The email RFC (2822) defines a whole load of standard headers that mail
clients should recognise.  Clients ignore any header they don't know
anything about:
    http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html

In general, propretry headers that people have added for their own
purposes start "X-", but they don't have to (though no doubt someone will
tell us of a good reason that they should).

If you want to know what a (non-RFC2822) is used for, then try seaching
the internet for it.

John

--
The clock slithered gently along the mantlepiece, collecting vases on
the way, until they all crashed together on to what had once been the