[Exim] Offer some exim advice?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Brett Thorson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] Offer some exim advice?
I have configured exim to work with majordomo and mailman, and I think it is
great. It is so nice not to have to go work with those sendmail configs
anymore. So now I am trying to clean some stuff up, and implement some new
features. I have a "design" floating around in my head, but I was wondering
if someone might have the time to just take a peek at it to say "Right idea,
do it" or "Oh my gosh you have it all wrong". Thank you VERY much in
advance.
---------------------------
The mail server would be outside the firewall, and be used for incoming e-mail
from everyone, and relaying for employees outside our network (working from
home, authenticated with TLS / OpenSSL).

We would have a spam filter program accepting mail on port 25. If the mail
passes through the filter, then it gets sent into Exim for processing on an
unadvertised SMTP port. Exim would restrict connections to this hidden port
to the output of the SPAM filter (Same machine basically). It would also
stop relaying.

I would also like to run a relay for home users. Using the SSMTP port, accept
and verify users, and then allow that mail to be sent through anywhere.

Do I have the basics right? Or would I look at an option where everyone
connects to port 25. Then if they don't start a secure connection
TLS/Openssl with authentication I deny forwarding, and pass them to the spam
filter. If they do open a secure connection and authenticate properly, I let
them do whatever they want.

Advice, or even "Look at this document for clues" would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you all so much for your support thus far. The user
community here is great!

Cheers

--Brett Thorson
Foretec Seminars Inc