[Exim] [Slightly OT] Exim, TLS and certificates

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Christopher Chaduka
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] [Slightly OT] Exim, TLS and certificates
--
Hi,

Sorry for the off topic but I guess there are some experienced people on
this list to help me.

I generated my RSA key and signed a personal cert as per instructions
outlined on:
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=41258&cid=4377329

From the server logs, I get this error:

2003-02-12 08:10:17 TLS error on connection from my.host.name
(fake.domain.com) [real.ip.addr.ess]:4905 (SSL_accept):
error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

My Exim configure file looks like below: [the relevant parts]

# SSL/TLS cert and key
tls_certificate = /usr/local/exim/ca.crt
tls_privatekey = /usr/local/exim/ca.key

# Advertise TLS to anyone
tls_advertise_hosts = *

..and from my Eudora logs, I am getting this error:

1872 8:12.7 Dialog: "SSL Negotiation Failed: Certificate bad: Destination
Host name does not match host name in certificate\r\n"

I believe this has got something to do with the way I generated my
certificate. Where, during that stated procedure, am I supposed to input my
hostname.
What am I doing wrong? If anybody can point me to another tutorial
detailing the process of signing flawless keys, certificates and signing
them, that would be great.

Thanx

Kiri