Re: [Exim] dynamic groups delivery

Author: Leonardo Boselli
To: Dariusz Sznajder, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] dynamic groups delivery
On 12 Feb 2003, at 13:44, Dariusz Sznajder wrote:
> So in fact you ask: how I can tell _Mailman_ to use MySQL, isn't it.
> :-) And AFAIK you can't (if you don't like to write your own
> MemberAdaptor.py).

No, i didnt asked. I used mailman only to feed mhonarch. The
actual list had just \one member, that turn to be a link to an alias in
aliases pointing to a regular file containing the records as
(Name) address
so it could be used both by e-mail and by web (getting the list and
discarding the brackets)
> If Exim (for something that you don't mentioned here) need access to
> MySQL database - it's no problem (
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/spec_6.html#SEC157 ).

exactly ...
however for me it is unclear one thing:

It says:
" hide mysql_servers = localhost/users/root/secret:\
                     otherhost/users/root/othersecret"
"For each query, these parameter groups are tried in order until a connection
and a query succeeds. For MySQL, no database need be supplied -- if it is
absent, it must be given in the queries. A host may be specified as
<name>:<port> but because this is a colon-separated list, the colon has to
be doubled. Queries are SQL statements, so an example might be
${lookup mysql{select mailbox from users where
id='ph10'}{$value}fail}
If the result of the query yields more than one row, it is all concatenated,
with a newline between the data for each row. "
so i would be correct if I put as a router:

grouprouter:
driver=smartuser
require_files=/var/lib/exim/${lc:$local_part}
new_address=${lookup mysql{select mailbox from users
where id={$lc:$local_part}}{$value}fail}
transport = remote_smtp
unseen

(the unseen to be passed also to the archiver below)
Or i guessed wrong ?

{HYPERLINK "spec_toc.html" \l "TOC158"}
--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile