Re: [Exim] Spews list filtering

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: konrad, Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spews list filtering
On Wednesday, February 12, 2003 4:58 PM [GMT+0530=IST],
Konrad Michels <konrad@???> wrote:

> from http://www.spews.org/spews_list_level1.txt and
> http://www.spews.org/spews_list_level2.txt. Its quite interesting to
> read on http://www.spews.org what its all about in detail.
>
> Once you get the lists, what I did was
>
> cat spews_list_level2.txt | awk '{print $1}' | grep -v "#" >>
> spews_list2

Jesus Christ. After all that reading, you want to use spews level 2 to
block mail?

In one word, "Don't".

We use spews, in fact we are one of the earliest adopters of spews on
our network (see http://spamblock.outblaze.com/massmail.html) - but we
wouldn't dream of using level 2 spews to block mail.

Even *spews* doesn't ask people to block level 2 listings ...

For blocking based on spews or other dnsbls, I suggest that you try out
djb's rbldns (http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/rbldns.html)

    srs