[Exim] Spews list filtering

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Konrad Michels
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Spews list filtering
Hi again folks
Seems to be "lets fix these spammers" day today for me! I've sucked
down the spews.org list of ip addresses, used awk and grep to produce a
list of only ip addresses in a flat text file, and quite happily got
exim to do lookups agains the list with the following in the configure
file:

deny  hosts = /usr/local/exim/spews_list2
        message = Rejected - host IP address is in the spews list as a
spammer domain

This definitely works well, which I did by adding my home IP to the list
and attempting a connect from home - got the rejection message back and
that was the end of that!

However, in the interests of efficiency, it would seem to make more
sense to bung these IP addresses in a mysql database, and do the lookups
against it. Can anyone assist with the syntax for exim 4.12 to do a
lookup against a database for these ip addresses instead of looking up
against the flat text file?

Later
Konrad

*