Re: [Exim] Force new (valid) Exim-style message id from syst…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ralf G. R. Bergs
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users ML
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Force new (valid) Exim-style message id from systemfilter?
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:31:19 +0100, Dariusz Sznajder wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
>> would generate illegal message ids (since I only have private IPs and
>> hostnames inside my LAN.) I finally managed to tweak it so that it does
>> generate valid message ids, but I thought it might be a more clever approach
>> to have my mailserver generate unique and valid message ids.
>And setting hostname in muttrc (set hostname='my.true.unique.domain')
>doesn't help?

This is what I meant by calling it "tweaking." ;-)

Seriously, this DOES generate valid message ids, but I would have to do similar
things for each and every mailer that generates message ids itself, and by
"forcing" a new message id on the SMTP server I spare myself the trouble.

--
   L I N U X       .~.
  The  Choice      /V\