Re: [Exim] Force new (valid) Exim-style message id from syst…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ralf G. R. Bergs
Para: exim-users ML
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Force new (valid) Exim-style message id from systemfilter?
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:47:02 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:

[...]
>>   if ${mask:$sender_host_address/24} is "192.168.2.0/24" then
>>     headers remove Message-ID
>>     headers add "Message-ID: $message_id@$primary_hostname"
>>   endif

>Doesn't that make it quite likely that you'll end up with a Message-ID:
>with _two_ @ signs in it? Is that permitted?

No -- $message_id is the internal Exim "job number," the one you use e.g. to
remove messages from the queue. It's not a "fully-qualified" message id.

>> Is this a clever approach? Or am I overseeing something?
>
>Users might not like it. I explicitly configured MH to add Message-ID
>before sending, so that my outgoing folder had a record of the
>Message-ID of each mail sent, and I could then refer to it more easily
>-- looking for it in mailer logs, grepping for replies to it on a
>mailing list, etc.

Well, since there are only two users who use the server in question this is
not a problem. :-)

The reason why I started mucking around with message ids is that I'm
evaluating the Cygnus port of "Mutt" under Windoze 2000. Without tweaking it
would generate illegal message ids (since I only have private IPs and
hostnames inside my LAN.) I finally managed to tweak it so that it does
generate valid message ids, but I thought it might be a more clever approach
to have my mailserver generate unique and valid message ids.

--
   L I N U X       .~.
  The  Choice      /V\