著者: Yann Golanski
To: John Meyer
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Hi
--
Quoth John Meyer on Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 07:49:48 -0800
> Can anyone help me. I am new to linux and also Exim.

Sure.

> I have a host (firewall) that runs a mail server for local users, but it
> also needs to passthrough mail to another 6 mail servers on the private
> side. The problem is that the
> mainlog fills up very fast due to messages like this lowest numbered mx
> record points to local host.

I think your issue is that Exim does not know that to do with those
emails. It looks at them and decides that they are not for it so it
tries to send them onto the internet. However, the DNS tells it that
itself is the end point for them. Hence it gets confused and tells you
that the MX points to the local host.

What you need to do is to create a router that will route the emails
onto the hosts you have inside your network. See mail hubbing in the
documentation and FAQ.

Hope that helps.

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318