Re: [Exim] exiscan error

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tom Kistner
To: Rene Küttner
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] exiscan error
Rene Küttner wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 02:19:35PM +0100, Tom Kistner wrote:
>
>>Rene Küttner wrote:
>>

>>>temporarily rejected by exiscan(): Temporary local problem (error
>>>reading from child process (scanner output): No child processes)
>>
>>Let me guess: You use Sophos Sweep commandline ?
>>
>>Remove the -ss switch from the options (yes, I know, it's in the docs as
>>an example .. to be fixed soon :)
>>
>>/tom
>>

> no, i use uvscan

Missed .. damn :)

> what is the -ss option with sophos for?
> i hope thats the point

It's "super-silent" output. exiscan versions >= -21 treat "no output" as
failure for command line scanners. Looks like I'm gonna have to revert
to the old behaviour. Luckily this should not break things again.

Anyway, my first tip would be to use the sophie daemon (much faster).

If you can't do that for some reason, use what Sven Geggus has proposed:

---------quote sven--------------------------------------
Unfortunately the Return value of 13 is the only thing which
is suitable for virus detection. As exiscan does not honor
the Return value of commandline scanners I solved this problem
as follows:

exiscan_av_scanner_path = /usr/local/uvscan/uvscan
exiscan_av_scanner_options = --secure -rv --summary --noboot | ; echo -e
"\nuvscan_retval $?"
exiscan_av_scanner_regexp_trigger = uvscan_retval 13
exiscan_av_scanner_regexp_description = Found:* (.*)$

regards,

/tom