RE: [Exim] send copy of bounce message to postmaster

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tony Earnshaw
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Nico Erfurth
Kopio: exim-users@exim.org, Nigel Metheringham
Aihe: RE: [Exim] send copy of bounce message to postmaster
søn, 2003-02-09 kl. 19:13 skrev Nico Erfurth:

> But a funny thing about the german (but maybe it's also EU) law is, that
> IF you log informations you have to give it out to federal agencies if
> required, so they are allowed to use informations, you aren't allowd to
> log .....

> As an example, normaly german flatrate ISPs are not allowed to log
> connection times of their users, because it's not needed for billing or
> something else, but one month ago or so, the biggest german ISP gave out
> informations about a (flatrate)user (to track him).
>
> Btw, the common apache log format isn't allowed in germany (because it
> logs IPs and urls together) if you act strictly after the law....

Hmmm ... could be applicable to Holland, too.

Since this is already highly OT, one more European comment can't harm.

I just read in today's Norwegian Aftenposten that Donald Rumsfeld left
Europe (actually Germany) in disgust at the French and Germans because
he couldn't understand why they could possibly have any opinions of
their own (after all, the British don't).

God, I'm glad I live here :-) I live in one large madhouse, of which I'm
a very proud member.

Thanks for your views, Nico. Now I'l subside into lurking again. Heaven
bless Exim 4.12, Philip, and Marc's SA-Exim.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

"Can anyone define 'modern enclitic
mediocrity' in terms of the Euro for me?"
- Billy the (Norwegian-Dutch) Cat, Feb '03

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl