Re: [Exim] RBL Configuration w/ Base Exim Config

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Richard Welty
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] RBL Configuration w/ Base Exim Config
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Richard Welty wrote:

> be aware that bl.spamcop.org is _extremely_ agressive

It has a rapid response to spam, but it times-out rather quickly, so
there are plenty of IPs that I'd want to keep blocked, that spamcop
has already timed out and put back on the streets.

We use a spamcop entry to add significant contribution to the
spam-rating factor, though not enough in itself to cause outright spam
blocking (but see next para)

> and has a significant false positive rate.

I wouldn't recommend blocking on spamcop alone; but ACLs make it easy
enough to block on an IP which has an entry in spamcop _and_ an entry
in one of the technical open-relay blacklists, and it's extremely rare
for that to block a bona fide mail.