Re: [Exim] Address rewriting vs. CNAME records?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Exim Users Mailing List
Aan: Matthew Byng-Maddick
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Address rewriting vs. CNAME records?
[ On Friday, February 7, 2003 at 21:23:11 (+0000), Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [Exim] Address rewriting vs. CNAME records?
>
> There is a PTR 70.200.201.193.in-addr.arpa. to colon.colondot.net. but
> there are all sorts of other A records that have an RHS of
> 193.201.200.70. Your claim about your MTA is therefore false. If the
> paragraph above were true, that mail transaction in my original message
> would have looked different.

You don't seem to understand the very simple algorithms used to verify
DNS forward and reverse naming consistency. Obviously no resolver can
prove categorically that it has found every A record with a given
address, not even if it successfully does a zone transfer of every
domain in the entire _public_ DNS. Think about how this acutally must
work and then maybe you'll get a bit more of a clue.

FYI I think I've posted a description of the actual algorithms involved
once or twice before, if not here then perhaps on the postfix-users
list.

--
                                Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods@???>;           <woods@???>