Re: [Exim] RBL Configuration w/ Base Exim Config

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Welty
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RBL Configuration w/ Base Exim Config
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:05:58 -0500 Mail List <maillist@???> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Please bare with me as I'm fairly new to Exim (switching from Qmail) -and
> I've spent the last several days reading over much of the documentation
> and
> I'm a little confused.. I've setup a new server/OS (Open NA Linux) using
> Exim 4.12 as my MTA -the setup is using the OS's default exim config
> files
> provided with the distro of the Exim software for the OS.

> preferably
> through
> ordb.org or mail-abuse.org.

you realize that the MAPS services are now pay-for-service, don't you?

ordb.org has a good rep as an orbs style open relay list. also investigate
the sbl (sbl.spamhaus.org, spamhausen of fixed address) and opm.blitzed.org
( open proxies.)

> Basically as I understand it, to add RBL checking, I simply need
> to add the following to the "main" section of my exim.conf file
> (correct)?
>
> # reject messages whose sending host is in MAPS/RBL & MAP/DUL
> # add warning to messages whose sending host is in RSS
> rbl_domains = blackholes.mail-abuse.org/reject : \
>          dialups.mail-abuse.org/reject : \
>          relays.mail-abuse.org/warn

this is exim 3 config style, not exim 4. you're starting from the wrong
baseline.

try passing this config through convert4r4, or starting with the correct
default for exim 4.

rbl settings go in the acl section now, with something like this in the acl
at an appropriate location:

  deny    message = host is listed in $dnslist_domain
          dnslists = kbl.krusty-motorsports.com : \
                     sbl.spamhaus.org : \
                     opm.blitzed.org : \
                     hil.habeas.com

richard