Re: [Exim] Address rewriting vs. CNAME records?

Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Address rewriting vs. CNAME records?
On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 02:02:28PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> No, he really _MUST_ "rush" on the PTR records. Their correctness and
> COMPLETENESS is critical for interaction with other servers using TCP
> Wrappers style DNS consistency checks. CRITICAL. His connections will
> be denied by some servers if his forward and reverse DNS is not 100%
> consistent and complete.

This is nothing other than complete rubbish. FUD. No TCP Wrappers
implementation I have ever seen assumes what you've said. They all agree
with Jim. I know what you think because we've had this argument before,
but the above is just crap. I know you think it's correct to do it, that's
fine, but trying to scare someone into doing it by patent lies is just
ridiculous.

MBM