Re[2]: [Exim] DNSBLs not working

Góra strony
Autor: Richard Welty
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re[2]: [Exim] DNSBLs not working
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:00:10 +0000 Giuliano Gavazzi <eximlists@???> wrote:

> At 13:04 +0100 2003/02/07, Michael Jakscht wrote:
> >But this is what I want... mails coming from the local_domains and
> >relay_from_hosts
> >ACL must not have the ACL check...
> >They must be able to relay.

> in addition to what others have written may I point out that if you
> accepted to relay email on the basis that is coming from
> local_domains (that is that the MAIL FROM: is in a local domain, as
> this is the only interpretation that makes sense in this context)
> would make you an open relay.

absolutely, and most importantly, the spammers know about this possibility
and will eventually find your system and try it out.

it's only safe to accept outbound email from local users, from properly
authenticated remote users, and from trusted IP addresses.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???