Re: [Exim] local_scan(), content-scanning, multiple recipien…

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Phil Chambers
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] local_scan(), content-scanning, multiple recipients and bounces
On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Phil Chambers wrote:

> > The only other option is to have 2 boxes (or two MTAs on the same box).
> > The first one splits up messages into individual deliveries that have
> > only one recipient, and delivers these to the second, which does the
> > scanning.
> >

> But that means you accept all messages before putting them through local_scan().
> A major point of local_scan(), surely, is that you can reject messages on the
> basis of their content before the SMTP phase is complete.

True. I realized that later. Of course you want to do rejection at RCPT
time if you can. Here is my next idea:

At RCPT time, you accept only addresses of one type (want/don't want
scanning). For the rest, you give a 4xx temporary error. This
effectively splits the message into two when it has recipients of both
kinds, but doesn't require you to accept it before scanning.

How could one implement this in Exim? How can you pass information from
one RCPT to the next? This is something that people have asked for
before, and it is on the Wish List.

(122) 24-Dec-02 M Communication between ACLs
A way of preserving data between connect/HELO/MAIL/RCPT/DATA acls.
Numeric or named variables?

Maybe I should try to give that some priority...