Re: [Exim] local_scan(), content-scanning, multiple recipien…

Author: Ollie Cook
To: Chris Edwards
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: Re: [Exim] local_scan(), content-scanning, multiple recipients andbounces
Subject: Re: [Exim] local_scan(), content-scanning, multiple recipients and bounces
On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 08:28:37PM +0000, Chris Edwards wrote:
> We've been pondering this too...

Glad I'm not alone! :)

> Our plan is to make spam content filtering opt-*out*. With any luck
> relatively few folk will opt out and the scenario in question will be
> rare...

Unfortunately, our service is going to have to be opt-in, so there is a much
greater liklihood of the scenario we describe.

Also, with anti-virus, we can't use your logic. If a customer has opted out of
viruses, we HAVE to stop them; we can't let them pass because another recipient
of the same message doesn't want his mail scanned. You see our dilemma...? :)

Thanks.

Ollie

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, Claranet UK
ollie@???                  020 7903 3000