[Exim] Resource limiting

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Martijn Grendelman
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Resource limiting
Hi,

I was looking at the smpt_accept* options in the Exim docs and I think I
need some confirmation on my fully understanding them ;-)

Please tell me if I understand this correctly:
- I have none of these options set in my config file, so defaults apply
- smtp_accept_max = 20
- smtp_acccept_queue_per_connection = 10
- therefore the maximum number of Exim processes that can run simultaneously
is 20 * 10 = 200 ?

In other words, I am looking for a way to limit that number in a sensible
way. I don't really like denying connections too soon, but I don't mind
postponing delivery a bit if that helps.

Thanks for any comments,
Martijn.