[Exim] /etc/aliases pipe failure (running rt2)

Góra strony
Autor: richard mccluskey
Dla: exim-users
Stare tematy: [Exim] Relay control with local users
Temat: [Exim] /etc/aliases pipe failure (running rt2)
Hi,

I have Exim running as the standard Debian Install from stable tree. not
sure what version. I have installed request-tracker which required a
pipe in /etc/aliases such as this

support : "|/usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue support --action
correspond"
support-comment : "|/usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue support
--action comment"

this is my exim.conf (relative bits)

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
file = /etc/aliases
search_type = lsearch
# user = ''

when I sent a test email to support@??? with mail was bounced and
the following sent to root at the mailserver

2003-02-05 23:53:01 18gak7-0001AS-00 Neither the system_aliases director
nor the address_pipe transport
set a uid for local delivery of |/usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue
support --action correspond

i then set the above commented out user line to

system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
file = /etc/aliases
search_type = lsearch
user = support

but when I try that I get an "SMTP geetings failure exim configuration
error" error in pine.......

any ideas anyone ?

thanks

richard

"great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre
minds"
Albert Einstein