RE: [Exim] (off-topic) - Recommended imap server

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Aan: Timothy Arnold
CC: 'Suresh Ramasubramanian', exim-users
Onderwerp: RE: [Exim] (off-topic) - Recommended imap server
On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Timothy Arnold wrote:

> The users home directories are NFS mounted. I would prefer if they were
> written to the local disk, just incase home mount was not available - that
> way the users could get at their mail.

Don't forget that mail delivery might be blocked when the home directory
is unavailable. Depending on the setup, deliveries often block if
exim can't determine whether or not files like .forward exist.

Since you ask about imap you may not be basing your mail system around
interactive users, in which case I'd agree that home directories
are not the most appropriate way of organising things.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna