[Exim] Re: Routing around blocking servers

Góra strony
Autor: Miquel van Smoorenburg
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] Re: Routing around blocking servers
In article <000001c2ccfc$c34e03d0$9814dfce@???>,
David H. Lynch Jr. <dhlii@???> wrote:
>    I have two internet connections. One on a standard multiple
>fixed IP 128K business class DSL line and one on a floating IP cable. My
>outbound routing favors the cable as it is dramatically faster, and as I
>wish to conserve bandwidth on my DSL connection.  I have email users
>that frequently need to send very large files as attachments, a few of
>these will choke my DSL connection.

Can't you just send packets out of the cable connection, but use
the source IP address of the DSL line ? The ACKs will travel back
over the DSL connection, and if the cable company doesn't do
source IP address verification then it will just work ..

>    Is the a way to persuade exim (4.x) to send e-mail for certain
>users via a specific interface or IP ?

Sure, just arrange for them to use a different router that calls
a special smtp transport that has an "interface = w.x.y.z" statement

Mike.
--
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should
on no account be allowed to do the job -- Douglas Adams.