Re: Might have found the problem (was Re: [Exim] Exim hangs …

Góra strony
Autor: Ralf G. R. Bergs
Dla: exim-users@exim.org
CC: John Horne
Temat: Re: Might have found the problem (was Re: [Exim] Exim hangs during BSMTP input
On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 12:26:44 +0100, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:

[...]
>I guess the problem isn't within my local Exim not terminating the SMTP
>session after the timeout, but the problem might be that sa-exim can't
>terminate the SpamAssassin client spawned by local_scan() during SMTP time
>since it is indeed running under a different user id as the one Exim is
>running under.

This is NOT my problem as I was able to verify by changing the local_scan()
function to a dummy function that unconditionally accepts messages, i.e.
SpamAssassin is NOT run at all.

There are still Exim child processes hanging around "forever" (or until I
kill'em, which I'm now doing by a lil' script I wrote.)

Ok, any other ideas? Or should I just live with the problem, now that I
automatically kill Exim childs that are older than 15 mins.?

--
   L I N U X       .~.
  The  Choice      /V\