Re: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-4.12-22

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-4.12-22
Sheldon Hearn wrote:

>>Thanks, I've included your comments in the commit message for the update
>>of the port (PORTREVISION 2), so FreeBSD users have no excuse. :-)

> Why did you change exiscan to start failing when no output is received
> from a command-line scanner?

That was actually committed by someone else. I looked over it and
thought it was OK to assume an error on no output.
Unfortunately, I forgot about sweep's -ss flag (which I once used, long
ago, before sophie support was added).

I have now reverted to the old behaviour, where "no output" is ok. Sorry.

To fix the current problem, people using sweep might consider to use
sophie, which is free and much faster. :)

/tom

--
Tom Kistner <tom@???>
ICQ 1501527 dcanthrax@efnet