[Exim] Sudden change in exim relay behavior

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Mark Edwards
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Sudden change in exim relay behavior
I updated to Exim 4.12 from Exim 4.10, and from Mailman 4.something to
4.1 today on my FreeBSD box.

Previously I had the default setting of:

hostlist    relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1

in my Exim configure file. That worked fine for all local processes.

After the update, mail sent from mailman to outside domains was getting
rejected with a "relay not permitted". Changing the line to:

hostlist    relay_from_hosts = 127.0.0.1 : localhost

fixed the problem. Does anyone have an idea why all of a sudden Exim
stopped recognizing 127.0.0.1 as localhost in this case? Yes, the two
resolve to each other in my DNS. Its weird, because I've been running
this setup for many months without trouble. What changed?

Thanks!

--
Mark Edwards
San Francisco, CA