Re: [Exim] smtp auth and outlook express problem

Góra strony
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] smtp auth and outlook express problem
On Wednesday, February 05, 2003 12:14 PM [GMT+0530=IST],
Michael Eichner <exim@???> wrote:

> I've configured exim 4.10 with smtp auth and it's working fine.
> Except sometimes Outlook Express cannot authenticate itself. It's
> strange. One Outlook Express 6 can authenticate and another Outlook
> Express 6 on another computer cannot. Is there any special bug known?
> Exchange Server and other Outlook versions work fine. Testet with
> several different computers.

I have used various recent (5.5x and 6.x) flavors of OE on several PCs
without problem. Have your problem user run windows update and update
his windows version, then reinstall IE - that usually fixes these
mysterious problems (and other problems like virii) :)

For a faster solution, have the problem OE install log the smtp
transaction ...

    srs