[Exim] envelope_to_remove in a transport?

Author: Mark Hynes
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] envelope_to_remove in a transport?
Hi,

I use the "envelope_to_add" transport option in numerous transports,
and this works fine for me. However, I've recently come across a situation
where I'd like to keep an Envelope-to: header (arriving by SMTP) intact.

I know that the spec says:

envelope that caused the delivery to happen. Such headers should not be
present in incoming messages

and in general I agree with that.

However, in this (unusual case) some messages which arrive from one
particular host (which is run by me and all the Envelope-to: headers can
be trusted) and are handled by their own router and transport. Initially
I thought "easy, I can use "envelope_to_remove = false" on the transport,
but it seems that's a main / global configuration option only.

What would people recommend? I don't know if it's possible, but might
such an option for transports be a potential wishlist item? :-)

Thanks all,
Mark

--
| Mark Hynes           mark.hynes@??? |