[Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-4.12-22

Author: Tom Kistner
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] ANNOUNCE: exiscan-4.12-22
Hello everyone,

exiscan-4.12-22 is available at http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan/

from the changelog:

rev 22:   This version is NOT configuration-compatible
            with previous versions, please see
            docs/exiscan-readme.txt and check out the
            new "demime" facility.

            A lot of things have changed (again, and to
            the better):

            - got rid of ripMIME. Its not that ripMIME is
              bad, its just too RFC compliant to decode
              for AV scanning. I wrote my own set of MIME
              functions, which went in a new "demime"
              facility. It allows you to do some sanity
              checking on MIME containers.

            - rewrote parts to allow compilation on more
              exotic systems (Unixware, for example). If
              you still have compile errors on your
              particular UNIX, please contact me.

            - got rid of sprintf and friends to fix possible
              buffer overflows.

            - Lots of red tape cleanup.

Tom Kistner <tom@???>
ICQ 1501527 dcanthrax@efnet