Re: [Exim] Kernel Panics with exim4. Any clue?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Sander Smeenk
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Matt Bernstein
Υ/ο: Exim Users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Kernel Panics with exim4. Any clue?
Quoting Matt Bernstein (mb@???):

> >I'm having trouble with my 2.5.53 kernel (and 2.5.59 too) and exim4.
> I've found no such problems. I've built a few of the "-mm" 2.5 series
> kernels, and I find (some of) them stable enough for desktop use.

Well, I thought so too :)
But then this exim4 package starts kernelpanicing on me ;)

I shall do some tests with another debian package of exim4 I created
myself before I knew of this exim4-project. I never had hangs with that.

> You won't like this, but I'm running Red Hat. You might be triggering that
> bug (or I might not) purely because we use different versions of gcc.. I'd
> take this problem to the linux-kernel list.

Did that ;)
The difference of gcc versions might be a clue. Both my kernel and exim4
are compiled with 3.x

Thanks,
Sander.