Re: [Exim] Fw: for Kevin Sindhu

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kevin Sindhu
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Fw: for Kevin Sindhu
Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Suresh Ramasubramanian:
>On Monday, February 03, 2003 10:04 AM [GMT+0530=IST],
>Kevin Sindhu <Kevin.A.Sindhu@???> wrote:
>
> > > Why are you wasting time checking _all_ Received headers for dialup
> > > blocks?
> >
> > I'm not. Your ^MTA^ is listed both in rfc-ignorant and dsbl.org. SA
> > marks
> > this a point and they all go over my kill point (which is also the
> > default)
> > 5.0. See below
>
>My outbound mail, in case you failed to notice, is routed through
>frodo.hserus.net (202.77.223.48) - which is in none of those DNSBLs.
>
>That 61.whatever is the address of my home ADSL connection, which I
>don't use an mta for anything except queueing mail and then forwarding
>it through my colo box.

Which is what ^you^ don't seem to get:

  by quirk.hserus.net (VisNetic.MailServer.v5.3.5.0)
  with SMTP id for <exim-users@???>; Mon, 03 Feb 2003 10:44:40 +0530

61.11.83.59 is an open-proxy. Your mail "originates" from 61.11.83.59.
61.11.83.59 is listed on rfc-ignornant.org, that is why it gets a higher
score. *sigh*..

> > No. frodo is listed on additional lists.
> >
> > > You are basically just wasting your time checking for dialups /
> > dnsbl > IPs in headers other than the first Received: header ...
> >
> > No. Please see above and below for more details.
>
>Please follow your own advice.

[...]

> >>         by frodo.hserus.net with asmtp
> >>         (SSLv3:EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:168) (Exim 4.12)
> >>         id 18fX09-0002nx-00
> >>         for Kevin.A.Sindhu@???; Mon, 03 Feb 2003 08:40:30 +0530

>Oh. So that's why. Your stupid "viruswall" snips out the connecting IP
>of frodo.hserus.net - and so you check for IPs one header down, to my
>smarthost.

*sigh*..no. I agree with you that frodo is not listed anywhere. Still, your
mail "orginates" from 61.11.83.59 which is blacklisted. Man, are you just
thick or what? 61.11.83.59 is listed in rfc-ignornant/dsbl. No matter where
you might have relayed it from 61.11.83.59 is "STILL" a blacklisted host.
That is why you got a higer score.

>Utterly stupid way to scan your mail ... about as stupid as running a
>mail gateway that strips / doesn't log originating IPs in the received:
>headers.

Yes, that might be. However, its incoming and believe me, I can do whatever
the hell I want to do with my incoming mail. I however "do" check for spam
and have setup SA to recognize my headers. Believe me when I tell you that
I checked frodo.hserus.net's presence in any blacklisted site and then
moved on to processing and changing the headers.

However, an utterly moronic way for you respond. You've clearly displayed
your lack of intelligence in this matter and sadly your stupidity in
handling issues regarding mail.

Sincerely,

-Kevin