[Exim] Exim 4.12_1, FreeBSD 4.7, and "user mailnull" errors

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: fj
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] Exim 4.12_1, FreeBSD 4.7, and "user mailnull" errors
Greetings...

I am in search of a clue regarding the subject line.

Here is the context:

I have a machine running Exim 4.12_1. This machine is a personal
server for storage, and learning. I only use Exim for localhost
delivery of the periodic script results related to security and daily
run output cron jobs.

Up until Thursday night, January 30th, it was delivering mail just
fine. I swapped out a CPU, on Wednesday or Thursday, and Exim stopped
delivering. paniclog contains this:

2003-01-31 08:02:23 Exim configuration error in line 388:
user mailnull was not found

Line 388 contains this: user = mailnull

Which is from the section for local routing.

I can finger mailnull; I can see that mailnull exists in /etc/group,
/etc/passwd, /etc/master.password, and in /etc/mail/aliases.

Obviously, this is not enough; I cannot deliver mail locally.

I hope (boy, do I hope) that I have somewhat of a clue regarding how
to fix this, but would appreciate some advice before I do something
dumb or ineffectual.

At some point around the 28th, I installed a port that depended on
Version 3 of the Berkeley database. I see that the version of Exim I
am using employs Version 1, according to the Makefile:

# DB_LIB_VERSION is the version of the Berkeley DB library to use, and
# may be 1, which corresponds to version 1.85 in the base system, or 4
# which depends on the databases/db4 port.
DB_LIB_VERSION?=1

Should I change the DB_LIB_VERSION?=1 line to DB_LIB_VERSION?=3, then
run 'make deinstall', then reinstall Exim...or am I barking up the
wrong tree entirely?

I read the Building and Installing FAQ Q102. I'm not sure what is
meant by Local/Makefile in the answer, where it tells me to set
"USE_DB=yes".

If this is not the solution to my problem, please offer me a
clue....

Thank you for your assistance,

Joe Altman

--