Re: [Exim] Kernel Panics with exim4. Any clue?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Matt Bernstein
To: Sander Smeenk
CC: Exim Users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Kernel Panics with exim4. Any clue?
At 22:48 +0100 Sander Smeenk wrote:

>I'm having trouble with my 2.5.53 kernel (and 2.5.59 too) and exim4.

I've found no such problems. I've built a few of the "-mm" 2.5 series
kernels, and I find (some of) them stable enough for desktop use. One of
my desktops at work runs 2.5.54-mm1 and Exim-4.12. (It was my testbed for
OpenSSL 0.9.7 amongst other things.)

>This is a message I sent to the LKM today. I hope it might help exim
>upstream too? Please let me know if there is anything I can test / try
>for you. I'm willing to "crash" my PC for you ;)

You won't like this, but I'm running Red Hat. You might be triggering that
bug (or I might not) purely because we use different versions of gcc.. I'd
take this problem to the linux-kernel list.

Matt