Re: [Exim] What to do about non-monitonic process ids

Góra strony
Autor: Jason Robertson
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] What to do about non-monitonic process ids
Okay I have had no problems with Exim and the queue naming, at all here
(version 3.36 with patches)

This is considering that I can get messages in the queue running into
30 messages within the same second.. On Average on peak I have received
2000 messages within a single minute. This is coming from a local
qmail box that is dumping messages out with a remote send rate of 300
active remote sends.

I wouldn't want to see it roll over at 99, but i have seen message such
as 18ewIL-0008FW-00 to -40's.

In future versions the unique message number might be more advisable
to go with Hex, it may offer a larger range from 00-99

Jason
--
Jason Robertson
Now at the Nation Research Council.