Re: [Exim] exim on tru64 and commercial support

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Aan: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] exim on tru64 and commercial support
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Marc Haber wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:39:17 +0000 (GMT), Philip Hazel
> <ph10@???> wrote:
> >. For free software, you pay nothing, and don't get phone support. If
> > you have a problem, you post to the mailing list, and if it's a real
> > problem you get a patch within 24 hours.
>
> Let me add that the time-to-patch for exim most likely is closer to 24
> minutes than to 24 hours.

Once while Phil was not available a security hole was discovered and
an acceptable security patch posted by someone other than Phil,
so they can't even claim that all of this relies on a single individual
never going on holiday :-)

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna