Re: [Exim] Linux USAGI and the default bind/listen behaviour

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Lionel Elie Mamane
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Linux USAGI and the default bind/listen behaviour
On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

> > Interesting. There is an extensive comment in the Exim 4 code,
> > containing this:
>
> It's the same comment as in the exim3 code

Oh, gosh. Did I do it *that* long ago? No wonder I've forgotten the
details.

> Notice the different ordering. With USAGI Linux, this gives:

Yes, I did in fact notice that.

> > I will put in a check for EADDRINUSE on the bind().
>
> It won't work: You need to move the listen() calls within the same for
> loop as the binds.

I did in fact spot that on a closer look.

> Throw patches (or CVS checkout points) at me, I'll test it.

I will do so, when I get to it. Won't be this week. :-) MAY be next
week, but I'm working through a whole pile of stuff and it depends how
fast it goes.

Philip