Re: [Exim] Build problem

Autor: Dan Evans
A: exim
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Build problem
----- Original Message -----
From: "Odhiambo Washington" <wash@???>
To: "Dan Evans" <exim@???>
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Exim] Build problem

> * Dan Evans <exim@???> [20030131 16:12]: wrote:
> > >
> > > trash 3.34, get 4.12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
> >
> > How useful - thanks for that. All my problems with building a binary are
> > solved.
>

> I did not mean to be bad. I meant that you should not be installing 3.34

(or any
> 3.3x) iff you are just starting.

Nope, this is a Box that has been up for about a year or so, but now we want
to use MySQL support.

> You are a newcomer, no?

Depends on how you define newcomer. I started as a PFY with SunOS about 9
years ago, then went NT after a year or so (that's the way the market went),
and started with Linux 3 years ago and more seriously about 1 year ago. I
got the EXIM build done last year and haven't had to change it until now.

> These days you'll get
> very little (or less helpful support, even from the Developer of Exim) if

you
> run 3.x. All folks on that list will give you hints on how to do it on

4.12!!

OK, I also have problems with 4.10 and 4.12. I get error messages that
buildconfig can't be found. I was using 3.34 as that what was installed, was
working, and doing the job. I upgraded from IMail 6.06 to Imail 7.0x on NT
because 6.06 was "old" - cue non stop problems.

I've tracked it down to a compiler problem, and nothing to do with Exim

Dan