[Exim] Mail loop problem

Autor: Mark Twells
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Mail loop problem
--
I'm running exim 4.10 which, for a transitional week or three is
forwarding most of the incoming mail to an mdaemon system (running on an
NT box). Everything works fine whilst the mdaemon system is up.

However, every so often the mdaemon system sends SMTP server too busy to
the exim machine (one of the reasons it's to be killed off). The exim
box then looks up the secondary MX for our domain, and posts
there.....which posts to the exim box....which, in the end loses mail in
a loop

In the dnslookup router I have

domains = ! +local_domains

and this should exclude correct.local.domain from this router?

and, in the local manualroute to the mdaemon system I have

domains=correct.local.domain
host_find_failed=defer

What have I missed? All I need to do is to make the exim box sit tight
on correct.local.domain until it's MTA is not too busy, and not to go
rooting round in MX records for another way to deliver the mail. And,
what worries me more is that this problem could conceivably reoccur with
any boxes which go down internally.

Thanks everso!

Mark

--