Re: [Exim] Relaying problems

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nico Erfurth
Aan: Jean-Marc Jung
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Relaying problems
Jean-Marc Jung wrote:

1.) Please warp your lines at 72 chars
2.) The mailinglist does not accept attachments

> --
> It is the first time I try configuring exim (3.35)on my debian.
> However I got some problems about relaying. What I'd like to do is
> exactly what is described in the section 46.4 of the online manual,
> BUT... I just can't understand it!

Do yourself a favour and install exim4, the world is much better with
it ;)

> For example: I specified in the host_accept_relay option I accept
> relaying from localhost and another machine (127.0.0.1 :
> 193.246.251.157) but I can send mail from anywhere to anyone... What's
> wrong???
>
> Help me please. Thanks already.

[cutting out comments etc....]

> qualify_domain = srhp001

This should be a domain-name.

> local_domains =

You have no local_domains?

> #^-localhost:srhp001
>
> # Allow mail addressed to our hostname, or to our IP address.
>
> local_domains_include_host = true
> local_domains_include_host_literals = true
>
> # Domains we relay for; that is domains that aren't considered local but we
> # accept mail for them.
>
> #
> relay_domains = *

OUCH, this will make you an open relay!

> rbl_domains = rbl.mail-abuse.org/reject : dialups.mail-abuse.org/warn

The mail-abuse.org rbls are only available for subscribers.

> host_accept_relay = 127.0.0.1 : 193.246.251.15

This looks ok.

Please try the exim_checkaccess utility, if this does not help, run

exim -d9 -bh 193.246.251.15
and type

EHLO example.com
MAIL FROM: <your@???>