Re[2]: [Exim] Full marks to Exim :-)

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Richard Welty, Exim-users
Assumpte: Re[2]: [Exim] Full marks to Exim :-)
At 9:56 -0500 2003/01/30, Richard Welty wrote:
>it never really got anywhere, and the only real evidence of its existence
>is the obscure M$ default when no DHCP server answers.

It is also used by MacOS both in its "Classic" and UNIX flavour, and
presumably also Darwin. Sun Microsystems is in the committee too.
The latest draft is of 23/09/2002, so I do not know what do you mean
with "it never really got anywhere".
The important point though is that 169.254/16 should not be used as
yet another private network, it is *private to zeroconf*.

Giuliano