Re[2]: [Exim] Full marks to Exim :-)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Welty
A: Exim-users
Asunto: Re[2]: [Exim] Full marks to Exim :-)
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:26:53 +0000 (GMT) Ruth Ivimey-Cook <Ruth.Ivimey-Cook@???> wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> >and I would add zeroconf: 169.254.0.0/16 (not immensely sure about
> >the netmask, but I think it is that wide). [and what about IPv6?]

> I don't understand 'zeroconf'. IIRC, the 169 net is used by MS TCP as
> the 'you
> haven't configured me' address range; I think it's also a
> by-definition-not-internet range, like 10.xxx ?

> Thanks for any clarification,

somewhere there's an rfc on zero configuration. it's supposed to be a way
for a host to come up and be able to talk in the absence of pretty much
anything in the help.

it never really got anywhere, and the only real evidence of its existence
is the obscure M$ default when no DHCP server answers.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???