Re: [Exim] Problems with sender callout.

Góra strony
Autor: John Burnham
Dla: Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior, Lista Exim
Temat: Re: [Exim] Problems with sender callout.
Jose de Paula Eufrasio Junior wrote:
> Hello.
> Connected to mail.fujifilm.com.br.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 imss OK+SMTP 2002 Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:05:35 -0300
> helo x
> 250 imss Hello [200.194.1zz.zzz]
> mail from:<>
> 501 <> : domain string is NULL.
>
> And then the verify fails...
>
> There's any ACL option to skip sender verify just for some buggy
> domains or any other solution to deal with domains that doesn't take
> bounce messages (!!) ?

Oh, this looks oh so familiar.... BTconnect.com are also major
culprits, although I've been assured that rejecting mail from: <> is
going to be sorted in their next MTA software upgrade.
Basically, use something like:
 deny  domains = !+localnonverify
          !verify = sender/defer_ok/callout=20s/callout_defer_ok
          message = Your sender address could not be verified - please
contact postmaster@??? if you believe this to be in error

With localnonverify being a domainlist of people with broken MTAs.
John