[Exim] DNS or Exim issue?

Autor: Paul Walsh
A: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assumpte: [Exim] DNS or Exim issue?
I've a feeling this might not be our problem and even less to do with Exim,
but I'm posting here just in case.

For some reason it seems that some mail from us occasionally gets bounced
(by various Mdestinations) with the message
    unrouteable mail domain "uce.ac.uk"

even though both our primary and secondary DNS servers are up and running
and appear to be quite happily resolving addresses. This is only an
intermittent problem. Nothing's changed as far as the configuration of our
DNS servers is concerned so I'm at a loss as to why some sites can't look up
the MX records for our domain.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where the problem might lie, please
email me direct rather than generate noise on the list.

Thanks

Paul Walsh

Systems Manager (UNIX), IT Services,
University of Central England, BIRMINGHAM B42 2SU, UK
Tel: +44 (0)121 331 5708    Fax: +44 (0)121 356 2875