Re: [Exim] How to queue mail from a given sender, or from a …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nico Erfurth
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] How to queue mail from a given sender, or from a given host?
Marc Haber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I admit still using exim 3.

*SIGH* ;)

> As most "modern" mailing list managers insist on delivering outgoing
> mail via SMTP, one cannot use -odq to have exim queue the messages and
> not to try immediate delivery. Having messages delivered by the queue
> runner has the advantage of being able to use the hints databases, and
> it avoids load peaks that can happen when a lot of messages come in
> simultaneously.
>
> Is there any possibility to have exim _not_ try to immediately deliver
> e-mails that come in via SMTP from a given IP address (127.0.0.1, for
> example), or with an envelope-sender of foo-bounces@???,
> instead of immediately delivering them?
>
> Any hints will be appreciated.

I posted this some time ago, and it seemed to help.

# Queue, if mail comes from localhost
queue_smtp_domains = ${if eq {127.0.0.1}{$interface_address}{*}{}}

or the more extended version:

# Queue, if mail comes from localhost, and was send by mailman
queue_smtp_domains = ${if and {\
                                {eq {127.0.0.1}{$interface_address}}\
                                {def::h_X-Mailman-Version::}\
                                }{*}{}\