著者: Tony Finch
To: amell
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Redundant exim servers?
Andy Mell <amell@???> wrote:

>The main problem appears to lie in replicating /var/mail/<mboxname> across
>multiple servers. These files need to be kept in sync and accessible from
>imapd/pop3d. NFS is apparently not a good idea for this due to the locking
>issue.

No, keeping mailboxes on NFS is OK. Our central email server uses NetApps
for the filestore with standard Unix mailboxes accessed via uw-imap on
Solaris. This is OK until you need to scale to large mailboxes or many
users, and NetApps may be very nice but they are very expensive.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
HUMBER: WEST VEERING NORTH 7 OR GALE 8, OCCASIONALLY SEVERE GALE 9. SHOWERS.