RE: [Exim] Redundant exim servers?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Andy Mell
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Redundant exim servers?
On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Andy Mell wrote:

> The main problem appears to lie in replicating /var/mail/<mboxname> across
> multiple servers. These files need to be kept in sync and accessible from
> imapd/pop3d. NFS is apparently not a good idea for this due to the locking
> issue. How can this be dealt with without NFS??

We use NetApp servers over NFS, and as far as I know, there have not
been any problems.

> Is NFS locking _really_ a problem?

It is tricky. Look at the comments in the appendfile.c source of Exim.
But it *is* possible. So it depends on what software is accessing the
mailboxes. If it is correctly written to cope with NFS, all will be
well.